My internets buddy Paisley Pajamas passed on a link to the following EXPLOSION OF CHEAP CHRISTMAS CHEER and so I’m sending out the following request for recommendations.
Specifically, for Christmas tunes, though I am not averse to Winter paeans general.
I like traditional carols, and pop tunes, but not traditional songs sung as pop tunes.
- Brian Stokes Mitchell singing “Angels From The Realms of Glory” with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir: Good.
- David Archuleta singing “Pat-a-pan”: Good.
- Kris Kringle’s Kids singing “Up On The Housetop”: Good.
- Mariah Carey singing “What Child Is This” like she’s doing a Marilyn Monroe “Happy Birthday Mr. President” impression, giggles and all: BAD.
- “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer”: Irreplaceable.
Right now my playlist has everything from Bing Crosby to the Love Actually Soundtrack, Rudolph to Rudy Vallee….
So tell me. What should I be listening for this year?